Thursday, August 20, 2009

Friday August 21st

hey people!! it's my second day here in the big city of Busan!! life here is great so far. the only thing i'm worried about is the buses. i don't know when to get off for my school. :( i guess i'll figure it out. my family is great! the mother is really sweet, she reminds me of my mother. the father i was intimidated at first, but he has a great sense of humor. the brother is helping me out with korean a lot. too bad he's leaving in a couple of weeks. just the first day i've learned about six new words/phrases and i've lost 3 pounds!! the food is really healthy and there's huge hills in here! the first night i got to the airport they ran over to me to introduce them. the brother bought me roses and a map of busan! i felt surprised! then i saw their car!! korean cars are so pretty and they have a tv/phone/radio player!! then we went to the house and i read a sign on their door that said Dear Brittany, Welcome to our home! We love Brittany! it was really cute! Then they bought me the cutest cake! it was really small and pink. i was overwhelmed in a good way. The next day i went with my brother to go meet up with other rotary students. there was hannah, from mn. stephanie from canda (huge accent!) and i cant spell the other girls name from japan! we all picked out our own 한 볼 (korean dresses) o and i also meet maria from mexico. she will be the only one going to my school. then we went to get fitted for our uniforms which is a polo shirt and dark blue skirts. i think there cute! then we vistied my school. its on top of a huge hill which i have to walk up every day before classes!! the school is huge and modern. i will take pics! then me, maria, and my brother left for the beach. i took pics! and then my family went to an amazing steak restaruant!! yay, my favorite! they have a grill right in the middle of the table! i felt sorry for maria. she doesn't like korean food!! then we went home! i couldn't believe that was just the first full day in korea! :o i will right soon about my first days of school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment