Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday September 8th










Not a lot has happened these past five days, but I'll try to be descriptive. Friday was a pretty good day. I couldn't get up for the gym in the morning. I was way too exhausted! From then on, I decided that I would go to the gym in the morning only every other day. It's been working so far. :) I watched my first korean film that day too. It was about a teenager falling in love with a middle-aged man who has some disease....CREEPY!! Then for musical class we watched Beauty and the Beast! Aw, I was soo excited! I was shocked no one heard of the movie or the musical before. I thought almost all the countries knew about the Disney movies, but everyone loved it. After school, I didn't have to go to Tae Kwon Do (more sleep!), but Saturday I still had school. The first two classes I had were Gym class. :( I thought I was done with that!! Then I found out that they were doing testing that day too! Even worse!! Then had two boring classes of Korean reading then I went home. Later that day I went to my favorite steak place in Busan. We were celebrating "my aunts" birthday. I met almost all of my mother's side. She has two older brothers and one younger sister. I met my "cousins." The girl is about 11 years old. The food was great! After I went to the beach with my aunt and my cousins. It was beautiful outside. I love that beach! The next day, I thought I was going to church, but instead Maria's new family invited me to go up Gudeok Mountain and of course I went! I took some amazing pictures!! It was really hard to climb at times, but totally worth it. At the top of the mountain was this Buddist temple! It was trully an amazing sight to see!! If my family visits that's one place I will take them. I took pics, I put all of them on Facebook. Afterwards, I went to see a movie. It wasn't korean or english. It was Indian. :o It's called Black. It's based on the Helen Keller story. It was weird though, because they would talk Indian then switch over to English. I could understand it, though. I was so moved by it! My ama cried. I could tell it reminded of how much she misses Jae. After the movie, Maria and I went to Nampo-dong on the Main Street. I bought sunglasses. Maria bought shorts and got her ear pierced again. It was cool, because they had break dancers dancing in the middle of the street. Again, I took pics. Monday was a pretty relaxing day. Lots of lectures at school, but the last class my homeroom teacher let me teach the class English. Now every Monday I get to have that time to try and teach them. Wish me luck! Today I only had to school up until lunch. :) I had laungage class at 3 so my school allowed me to leave early. Our counselor didn't give very good directions. We were about an hour late, but we weren't the only ones. Everyone was late. Kathy came in crying. I felt bad, but I guess I didn't understand. When maria and I were late we were just laughing about it cause it was the first day. Anyways, when we arrived we got our 한 보! (korean dresses!) This upcoming Monday we get to wear them at our welcoming party!! We get to miss school. I promise I'll take lots of pictures. The dresses are so gorgeous!! I can't wait! I'm excited, because it was only the first lesson and I already have learned a lot. :) I will post a new blog soon! Good night or Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment